The West Sixth Street Fire Station houses Lowell Engine 6 and Lowell Ladder 4. The firehouse opened in 1909. Originally it was home to Hose 12 and Ladder 4. Engine 6 moved in from Fletcher St. in 1937 and hose 12 was disbanded
The Station was dedicated in 1993 to the memory of Firefighter Peter Deschenes who served from 1921 to 1960.
E6 is a 2010 Pierce Arrow XT 1500 GPM pump with a 675 gallon water tank.
Ladder 4 (L-4) is a 1994 E-ONE 106 foot Hurricane Ladder stationed at the West Sixth Street Firehouse.