GoLowell: Downtown Lowell Multimodal Complete Streets Plan
GoLowell is a year-long process to plan for a safer, healthier, and more enjoyable multimodal transportation system for all residents and visitors to Lowell.
Tell us what you think of our ideas: An improved Downtown Shuttle direct to downtown, a rush hour Crosstown Express from Drum Hill to Stadium Plaza, a citywide bike network, and citywide pedestrian improvements.
Available in Español, Português, & Khmer (ភាសាខ្មែរ , phiăsaa khmae)
Questions – Email Go@LowellMA.gov
Mailing List - Sign up at https://mailchi.mp/ac3fe5db46a1/golowell-sign-up
Click or tap on the below images to view Youtube videos about what we’ve learned and the ideas we want your feedback on. The Taking the Bus, Walking and Rolling, and Riding a Bike videos each have instructions on how to take the survey. You can use the arrow buttons to scroll through available videos.
What is the Project About?
To plan for a safer, healthier and more enjoyable multimodal transportation system for all residents and visitors to Lowell by:
- Increasing mobility and meeting the access needs of residents, commuters, visitors, and area schools’ faculty, staff, and students;
- Encouraging transit use in order to reduce parking demand in targeted redevelopment areas;
- Increasing the number of people riding bicycles in the City and reducing bicycle crashes
- Reducing Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT), delay and congestion, and improve travel time on the local roadway network;
- Foster environmental quality, conserve energy, reduce vehicle emissions, and address climate change through reduced greenhouse gas emission;
- Promoting economic development in the corridor and in the Greater Lowell region;
- Meeting the mission of LNHP to preserve and interpret the nationally significant historical and cultural sites, structures, and districts in Lowell;
- Enhancing the character, livability, and vibrancy of the community through quality urban design; and
- Ensuring the full and fair participation of the environmental justice communities throughout the transportation decision-making process.
- Increasing the number of people riding bicycles in the city and reducing bicycle crashes
- Easy, safe and predictable bus service
- Transit stop and transit line enhancements
- Safe bicycling routes and biking facilities
- Safe, accessible and enjoyable pedestrian routes
- Car-share and taxi accommodations
How You Can Get Involved
- Look for Information and feedback tables at community events
- Email questions and comments and get more information at: email@example.com
- Participate in the Phase II survey – https://tooledesign.github.io/lowell/
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/GoLowell
- Join the mailing list at https://mailchi.mp/ac3fe5db46a1/golowell-sign-up