Pay Your Bills Online
For only $0.40 you can pay online using your checking account (electronic check).
Electronic checks using a checking or savings account or the following card types are accepted for online payment.
Important Notices About Paying Online
Online payment is offered as a convenience to our customers. While signing up is free, all online payments are subject to convenience fees which are made to the online bill collector for processing the payment.
- As the bill payer, if you choose to pay online, you are responsible for any convenience fees assessed by the online bill collector.
- Convenience fees cover various administrative costs associated with accepting payments online and are non-refundable.
- Convenience fees are not collected by the City nor paid to the City - the City of Lowell receives only your bill payment amount.
The amount of the fee varies according to the type of bill being paid as well as the payment method being used, and is always displayed clearly for your approval.
- Convenience fees will appear as a separate charge from the bill amount on your credit card and bank statements.
- When paying a Tax Bill online, the convenience fee for using a Credit Card is a percentage rate fee of up to 2.95% with a minimum charge of $1; the convenience fee when using an Electronic Check is $.40.
- When paying a Water Bill online, the convenience fee for using a Credit Card is a flat rate fee of up to $3.95 (payments are accepted in transaction amounts of $200); the convenience fee when using an Electronic Check is $.40 (no limit on transaction amount)
All payment transactions made via the bill collector's system are processed using a secure connection, and in U.S. currency only; the merchant's country of origin is the USA.
If you have a registered account with the City’s online payment system, and for any reason you decide to discontinue the use of the online payment system, you will be responsible to close the online account with the City. The City will not be held liable for any transactions, interest charges, penalties, or other actions where applicable for failure to turn off any automatic payments or scheduled payments that you have setup.
If you need help using online bill pay or you have a question about your account, please
call 978-674-4222 or send us an email.
If there is an error in the Credit Card charge, please contact Invoice Cloud at 877-256-8330, ext. 2700.
If any issue arises that prevents the payment of any bill via the online bill payment system the bill payer is still responsible to make sure the payment arrives in the Tax Collector's Office by the bill's due date. The bill payer will receive an email notification if the payment is rejected by the online payment system.
Using Invoice Cloud
When using Invoice Cloud to search for your Real Estate Tax Bill online, you only need to enter your property number and street name (e.g., 12 Smith Street would be entered as 12 Smith).
When using Invoice Cloud to pay your Water Utility Bill online, any applicable billing discounts (e.g., early payment discount) will be displayed on the final payment screen of your transaction.
Customers with two or more Water Utility Bills must register them separately when using Invoice Cloud. You will receive separate notifications for each of these bills, and must pay them separately in order to ensure that the correct bill and account are credited prior to the due date.
Motor Vehicle Excise Tax Bills are online by the time you receive your printed copy of the bill in the mail, and are online while they are available for payment using Invoice Cloud. First notices and demand notices are available for payment on the Invoice Cloud system. Once the bill reaches warrant stage it is only available for online payment through the City's Deputy Collector, Kelley and Ryan Associates through their website.