School Health Division
The mission of the School Health Division is to support student learning by improving student health and fulfilling school health requirements mandated by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
The School Health Division provides services to twenty-eight (28) public and two (2) private/parochial schools. The School Nurse serves as the health professional for the school community. The number of children and medical needs determine the amount of nursing coverage in each school, most Lowell public schools have full-time nursing coverage.
This division is made up of a Nursing Coordinator, three Clinical Nurse Managers, 28 School Nurses, two Vision and Hearing Screeners and a Diabetes Liaison Nurse.
The goals that guide the City of Lowell School Health Division include:
- Protecting the health and wellness of the school population as a whole.
- Insuring a safe and healthy environment.
- Linking children and families with health insurance and a family doctor.
- Providing learning opportunities to promote individual and community health.
- Insuring compliance with Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) Immunization requirements.
- Combining health education with health services to address the many issues affecting the health of students.
If you have a specific question for your child's school nurse, you can find contact information listed by school in the School Nurse Directory by Name of School.
You may also contact the School Nursing Department directly at 978-674-4305.
- Allergy Anaphylaxis Care Plan (PDF)
- Allergy and Epi Pen Policy (PDF)
- Authorization to release medical record information (PDF)
- Consent for Medical Procedure (PDF)
- Consent for Medication Administration Plan 2014 (PDF)
- Enterovirus D68 Fact Sheet (PDF)
- EV68-infographic (PDF)
- Head Lice (Pediculosis) Management Policy LPS 2012 (PDF)
- Head Lice Flow Chart (PDF)
- Head Lice Letter from your school nurse (PDF)
- Head Lice Screen Information for Parents (PDF)
- Lice Letterhead (PDF)
- Lice Notes from the Nurse (PDF)
- Mass DPH Clinical Advisory, Enterovirus, Sept. 2014 (PDF)
- Medical Emergency Form (PDF)
- Medical Forms Release Authorization (PDF)
- Medication Order (PDF)
- Nurses Top 10 Facts About Lice (PDF)
- Parent Guide (PDF)
- Parental Allergy Letter (PDF)
- School Summer Feeding Program 2014 (PDF)