Variance Requests

  1. Plumbing & Gas Regulations Variance

    A property owner must obtain a variance from the State Board of Plumbers and Gas Fitters prior to the commencement of any work.

  2. State Building Code Variance

    Development Services does not have the authority to waive a requirement of the building code. If code compliance is not possible due to a unique situation, a variance must be obtained from the State Board of Building Regulations and Standards.

  3. Zoning Ordinance Variance

    The Zoning Ordinance controls the uses of land, size, height, bulk, location and use of structures, including buildings and signs. In order to build closer to my lot line than permitted, a variance is required from the Zoning Board of Appeals.