Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1986, the Brown-Maynard House is located at 84 Tenth Street. Built ca. 1853, the house is characteristic of the Italianate style with its square plan, bracketed cornice, hip roof, and square cupola with paired brackets and triple round arched windows. Tenth Street began to be developed in the mid-19th century and the Brown-Maynard House was among the first constructed on the street. Built by Samuel Brown, superintendent of the Boott Mills, the house was later occupied by Caleb Maynard, a successful downtown dry goods store owner.