National Small Business Week
April 29-May 5, 2018
April 29-May 5, 2018
April 29 through May 5, 2018 is National Small Business Week. The City of Lowell will recognize its remarkable small business owners and entrepreneurs, while raising awareness of the role that the small business community plays in the local, regional, and national economies.
Lowell will also participate in ARTWEEK from April 27th-May 6th and Doors Open Lowell from May 3rd-May 5th.
Below is a list of events planned in collaboration with our local and regional economic development partners. Some events will occur after NSBW (National Small Business Week) has concluded. Stay tuned for additional updates about events and activities. We hope that you can join us by attending some of the planned events.
2018 National Small Business Week Events
|Monday, April 30||9:00am-3:00pm||The Capital Network Workshop: Series A Venture Fast Track: A Fundraising Bootcamp||155 Seaport Boulevard, Boston|
|Monday, April 30||1:00pm-3:30pm||City of Lowell Economic Development Office Hours @ Greater Lowell Chamber of Commerce||131 Merrimack Street, 2nd Floor, Lowell|
|Tuesday, May 1||8:30am-10:00am||DIY Marketing Workshop for Small Businesses||UMass Lowell Innovation Hub, 110 Canal Street, 3rd Floor, Lowell|
|Tuesday, May 1||10:00am-12:00pm||SCORE Workshop: Understanding Your Financial Statements||Tip O'Neil Federal Building, 10 Causeway Street, Conference Room B, Boston|
|May 1 through May 3||12:30pm-6:30pm||SBA's National Small Business Week Virtual Conference (3 Days)|
|Wednesday, May 2||11:00am-12:00pm||Purple Carrot Bread Co. Ribbon Cutting||107 Merrimack Street, Lowell|
|Thursday, May 3||1:00pm-3:30pm||City of Lowell Economic Development Office Hours @ Digital Federal Credit Union||564 Bridge Street, Lowell|
|Wednesday, May 9||1:00-3:30pm||City of Lowell Economic Development Office Hours @ Enterprise Bank||430 Gorham Street, Lowell|
Tips to promote your business during National Small Business Week, ARTWEEK, and Doors Open Lowell:
- Run a sale, promotion, or host an event at your business;
- If you’re a restaurant/food business extend your business hours and add a few special items to the menu;
- Team-up with other local small businesses and cross-promote;
- Use social media frequently using hashtags like #ShopSmall #SmallBusinessWeek #DoBizInLowell; create a custom hashtag for your business; also you can tweet at the City of Lowell Economic Development Office!: @DoBizInLowell.
- Keep an eye on the NSBW’s official website and follow SBA on Twitter and Facebook for more details as the event approaches;
- Get the word out to your customers by announcing NSBW and encouraging them to support you;
- Celebrate you as a small business owner! Take some time out of your busy schedule for a little fun and self-congratulation!
Source: ThriveHive and Constant Contact
If you would like to host an event at your business, or would like to inform us of other relevant events during NSBW, please let us know. Contact Maria Dickinson, firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-674-1435.