This Fire Station was built in 1877 and is the home of Engine 2 and Ladder 2.
The origin of the name "Torrent" dates back to the 1840s and comes from the amount of water the steamer could pump-Torrents of water.
The station has been renovated several times over the past 123 years and received a Preservation Award in 1997 from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is known as "The West Point" of the Lowell Fire Department.
Engine 2 (E-2) is a 1996 E-ONE Sentry Standard 1250 GPM Pump.
Captain B. Dowling is the company commander.
Ladder 2 (L-2) is a 1995 E-ONE 106 foot Hurricane Ladder.