Change Your Registration Information

Change of Address, Name, or Party Affiliation

If you are moving to another city or town within the Commonwealth, you must re-register to vote in your new city or town in order to remain a voter.

If you have changed your name, you may easily have it updated for voting purposes.

You may change your voter information as follows:
  • In Person
    • At the City of Lowell's Election Office during regular and special office hours.
  • By Mail
    • Send signed correspondence including the phrase "signed under the penalty of perjury" to the Election Commission at 375 Merrimack St - Rm 5, Lowell, MA 01852. Please include the following:
      • Change of address: state your new address along with your former address
      • Change of name: include both, your former name and your new name
      • Change of party affiliation: clearly indicate, what you would like your new affiliation to be
Voters may also change their registration information using mail-in registration forms.