The Lowell Historic Board (LHB) is the City of Lowell's historic preservation agency. Central to the Board's responsibilities is its design review, permitting, and enforcement authority in the Downtown Lowell Historic District and ten additional neighborhood districts.
In addition to its design review and permitting activities, among other responsibilities the Board also:
- Provides technical assistance regarding preservation and design citywide
- Maintains a comprehensive survey of over 2,500 historic resources in Lowell
- Runs an active community engagement and outreach program including:
- Electronic, quarterly newsletter
- Social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest
- Sign grant program for small businesses in the Downtown Lowell Historic District
- Downtown Lowell Historic District building markers
- Neighborhood historic district house markers
Please explore this website to learn more about the Historic Board, permitting requirements, and historic preservation in general and also follow us on social media.
|Title||Member Name||Term Exp. Date|
|Vice Chair||Kerry Regan Jenness||2/28/2021|
|Member||Lisa "LC" Cassidy||2/28/2023|