Beginning the first weekend in May, the Cemetery Clean Up will bring lots into compliance with rules and regulations at the Edson, Westlawn I, and Westlawn II Cemeteries.
All lots will be brought into compliance with rules and regulations. Please remove any non-conforming items before the first weekend in May.
We will be removing anything that is non-conforming, including but not limited to:
- Fences, borders, rocks, curbing, etc.
- Anything on a flat marker or on a lot without a monument
- Anything outside of the buffer zone (the length of the monument and up to 12" out from the base) or at the back of the monument
- Any overgrown, single, dried, thorny or flowering shrubs
- Any overgrown, dried, wild or neglected plantings
- Any broken, empty, or neglected urns
- Anything hung in trees or on fences, etc.
- Anything in the buffer zone over what is allowed
For more information on rules and regulations, please call or visit the Parks & Cemeteries Office at Edson Cemetery:
1375 Gorham Street
You can also email Jade Oxton, Parks & Cemeteries: JOxton@lowellma.gov
Please note that the Cemetery Clean Up is weather permitting, and may extend into several weekends in May. We ask that you take care to remove any non-conforming items before May 6, 2023, to ensure they are not removed for you. If you have any questions or concerns about what is permitted, we encourage you to contact the Parks & Cemeteries Office directly.