City of Lowell Recreation Department:
- Youth Programs: The Lowell Recreation Department provides quality, affordable, and accessible recreational opportunities for residents of all ages. Our year-round recreation programs change seasonally and vary by age. All programs, including special events, school vacation activities, and virtual programming, can be accessed through our activity registration system and website.
- Affiliates: Affiliates of the Lowell Recreation Department offer other youth programs and services around Greater Lowell.
City of Lowell MassHire Young Adult Career Center:
- Young Adult Career Center: Walk in Career Center serving young adults between 14 and 24 years of age located at 115 Merrimack St. and offering services that range from gaining a high school equivalency (GED/HiSet) to enrolling in occupational training as well as gaining valuable work skills, assistance in obtaining a career pathway and now and future employment. Along with walk in services, the Young Adult Career Center offers many available programs that combine soft skills training with hands on work experience that benefit the young adults in the Greater Lowell area as well as local community businesses. The Young Adult Career Center is available to all young adults in the Greater Lowell area.
Pollard Memorial Library:
- Children & Teens: The Pollard Memorial Library is a vibrant community hub and Lowell's gateway to knowledge, meeting the information needs and enriching the quality of life in our community. The mission of the library is to provide diverse collections, state of the art technology, appealing programs and services to Lowell's diverse population in a safe and welcoming environment. The Youth Services Department serves children from birth through high school and their caregivers with a variety of engaging programming and educational resources.
Community Teamwork Inc:
- School Age Programs: Community Teamwork provides a safe and enjoyable place for 5 to 13 year old children to make friends, play games, practice sports, receive educational guidance, and engage in a variety of creative projects. The program provides quality after school care through enrichment activities and academic assistance. It serves as a bridge between the home and school connection. The daily program is planned to meet the needs of the individual as well as the group. Children are encouraged to develop and pursue individual interests while respecting the rights of others. All of the sites are licensed and inspected by the Department of Early Education and Care.
- Youth Programs: Youth Services at Community Teamwork is housed at CTI’s new Youth Opportunity Center. The programs are geared to providing supports for youth and young adults between the ages of 16-24 who struggle with housing instability and emotional barriers. The focus is on connecting youth and young adults to supportive services for a brighter future.
Lowell Boys and Girls Club:
- Boys and Girls Club: With a focus on three core areas of youth development, the Club provides educational, social, recreational and cultural programming for youth ages 8-17.
- Teen Programs: If you are a student between the ages of 13 and 18, and are looking for a place to go after school to spend time with friends, meet new people, and take advantage of opportunities to build leadership, refine artistic abilities, perfect and improve athletic skills, and prepare you for the future, come to the Boys & Girls Club of Greater Lowell! We have specially designed programs for teens to challenge you physically, academically and artistically, and can provide you with the guidance and support to develop into an upstanding student and citizen.
- Childcare: The YMCA offers before and after school child care for children ages 5-12 with EEC certified staff. It includes indoor/outdoor sports, arts and crafts, indoor/outdoor games, swimming and other activities that incorporate the YMCA’s core values of Honesty, Respect, Caring and Responsibility. They offer homework time, with staff to assist and resources to use such as books and utensils. Activities may vary by site.
- Youth and Family Programs: The YMCA offers a range of programming for children, teens, and their families. From creative art and dance, to basketball and soccer, there is something for every interest. Programming changes seasonally and new family and youth events are happening every month.
Girls Inc of Greater Lowell:
- Programs for Girls: Girls Inc. inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold. Through creative programs in a safe and nurturing environment, they strive to teach the independence and personal responsibility girls need to succeed. They provide quality enrichment programs after school, during summer and holiday breaks, for girls between the ages of 5 and 18.
- Young Adult Programs: UTEC is dedicated to helping young people overcome the very real challenges of poverty, gang involvement, unemployment, and cultural barriers that are pervasive in our communities of Lowell, Lawrence, and Haverhill, MA. UTEC uses a proven model to create success and better futures for our young adults, and ultimately, for all of us. They serve older youth, ages 17 to 25, through programs like Madd Love Market, gun violence prevention training, and transitional coaching.
Lowell Youth Leadership Program:
- mission is to connect and engage Lowell youth by empowering them to develop vital life skills and encourage them to lead and thrive through cooperation with each other. LYLP organizational growth will be anchored in our guiding principles and will be used to strengthen our children's relationships within our community. LYLP offers a free two week camp for 10-16 year olds from June 30-July 15, 8am to 1pm held on the campus of Greater Lowell Technical High School. Breakfast and lunch are provided. The program includes swim lessons, professional coaching in basketball, track, golf, are, wellness, robotics, violence prevention, leadership activities, and Project adventure.
Lowell Softball/Baseball Leagues:
- Callery Park Youth Baseball
- Centralville Baseball Organization
- Highlands Youth Baseball and Softball
- Lowell Girls Softball
- Pawtucketville Youth Organization
- Shedd Park Youth Baseball and Softball
Youth Sports Programs:
- Lowell Pop Warner Football & Cheerleading
- Lowell Youth Lacrosse
- Lowell Youth Soccer Association
- SJA Basketball League
- CMAA: The Rising Stars program provides youth a FREE (if qualified) summer sports and leadership program for 6 weeks. The program is targeted for youth and families that don’t have the financial resources for summer programs. This program will help keep youth focused on developing their leadership skills through a variety of activities. Sports, team builders, educational workshops, guest speakers, and field trips are just some of the activities and tools we will use to help attendees develop skills and experience personal growth during their time in the program.
- Middlesex Community College: College for Kids (CFK) provides children with an exciting range of unique opportunities to explore careers, gain new knowledge, develop new skills and boost their self-confidence. Our College for Kids program strives to employ either public school teachers or experts in the field. All program employees have experience instructing children in the content area. Programs are offered for children from ages 8 to 17.
- Tsongas Industrial History Center: Our Summer Day Camps offer hands-on and minds-on activities for kids ages 8-14 on a variety of topics. Travel to area National Parks, discover the many wonders of water, canoe on a local river, tie-dye a t-shirt, or perform "eggs"periments!
- YMCA of Greater Lowell: Camp Massapoag is located in Dunstable, Massachusetts on beautiful Massapoag Pond. While walking the camp grounds, the smiles and laughter are contagious. Campers ages 5 and up enjoy many fun activities throughout the summer such as archery, boating, swimming lessons, arts & crafts, low ropes course, sports & games, a rock wall, and team building activities.
- UMass Lowell: RecKids is a recreational day camp committed to providing a safe, supportive and fun environment for our summer campers. Our program, as part of the greater UMass Lowell Campus Recreation Center mission, encourages the pursuit of healthier and happier lifestyles. Children between the ages of 6 and 12 years old are welcome!