Zoning Board of Appeals
- Main Application (required for all filings)
- Agenda Request
- Special Permit supplement
- Special Permit - Sign supplement
- Variance supplement
- Repetitive Petition supplement
- 2nd and 4th Monday of each month
- 6:30 p.m.
- City Hall
- City Council Chambers
375 Merrimack Street
Lowell, MA 01852
- View LTC (Lowell Telecommunications Corporation) public meeting recordings
- 2023 Meeting Schedule
Notice of meetings is posted at least two days in advance of the meeting on the bulletin board outside of City Hall in the JFK Plaza, and on the City of Lowell's online Event Calendar.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Lowell Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) was created under MGL Ch. 40A, Sec. 12 and carries out duties pursuant to MGL Ch. 40A, Sec. 14.
The ZBA hears applications for Variances from the Lowell Zoning Code (Ordinance), Special Permit requests where the Zoning Code designates the ZBA as the Special Permit Granting Authority and appeals of decisions by the Building Commissioner.
All requests are subject to the requirements enumerated in the Lowell Zoning Code.
For more information on the Zoning Board of Appeals, please feel free to review:
- Projects currently under review
- Rules, regulations, and statues and ordinances of the Zoning Board of Appeals
General information regarding the appeals process can be found here.
|Title||Member Name||Term Exp. Date|
|Vice Chair||Sean Callahan||07/28/2026|
|Associate Member||Timothy Hovey||10/13/2025|
|Associate Member||John H. Nickerson, Jr.|