GoLowell: Downtown Lowell Multimodal Complete Streets Plan
GoLowell is a year-long process to plan for a safer, healthier, and more enjoyable multimodal transportation system for all residents and visitors to Lowell. We're seeking public input to understand where people want to go, how they want to get there, and the barriers they face along the way.
Take our survey!
Use an interactive map to tell us your desired destinations, trouble spots, routes, and more. Click the button below to access the survey (Note: Not compatible with Internet Explorer).
What is the Project About?
To plan for a safer, healthier and more enjoyable multimodal transportation system for all residents and visitors to Lowell by:
- Increasing mobility and meeting the access needs of residents, commuters, visitors, and area schools’ faculty, staff, and students;
- Encouraging transit use in order to reduce parking demand in targeted redevelopment areas;
- Increasing the number of people riding bicycles in the City and reducing bicycle crashes
- Reducing Vehicle Miles Traveled (VMT), delay and congestion, and improve travel time on the local roadway network;
- Foster environmental quality, conserve energy, reduce vehicle emissions, and address climate change through reduced greenhouse gas emission;
- Promoting economic development in the corridor and in the Greater Lowell region;
- Meeting the mission of LNHP to preserve and interpret the nationally significant historical and cultural sites, structures, and districts in Lowell;
- Enhancing the character, livability, and vibrancy of the community through quality urban design; and
- Ensuring the full and fair participation of the environmental justice communities throughout the transportation decision-making process.
- Increasing the number of people riding bicycles in the city and reducing bicycle crashes
- Easy, safe and predictable bus service
- Transit stop and transit line enhancements
- Safe bicycling routes and biking facilities
- Safe, accessible and enjoyable pedestrian routes
- Car-share and taxi accommodations
How You Can Get Involved
- Attend the Project Kick-off Meeting at the Senior Center, September 11, 2019 from 6-7:30pm.
- Look for Information and feedback tables at community events
- Email questions and comments and get more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Look for information on online surveys – coming soon!
- Follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/GoLowell