Board and Commission Opportunities
There are various opportunities currently available to serve on one of the City's various Boards or Commissions (commonly referred to as advisory bodies).
The City of Lowell encourages and promotes involvement by residents in the decision-making process through participation in a variety of boards and commissions, often referred to as advisory bodies. Serving on an advisory body can be a rewarding experience and an excellent way to contribute to the quality of life in the community in which you live or work. The City relies greatly on the interest and involvement of these volunteers who seek a more active role in the functioning of their local government.
Selection for appointment to one of our advisory bodies is generally based on the following criteria:
- A broad perspective and concern for the welfare and progress of the City
- A familiarity with the City's history, issues, and goals
- Interest in the functions/responsibilities of the advisory body under consideration
- A willingness to devote time and effort to the work of said advisory body
- Awareness of and understanding of the City's ordinances and policies
- Balance and diverse representation on advisory bodies, wherever possible
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter - clearly specifying the advisory body they are interested in - along with their resume, qualifications, and any additional supporting documentation as follows:
Via online form: Board and Commission Application Form
Via Email: to Mary Callery
Via Fax: to Mary Callery at 978-446-7102
Via Mail: to City Hall Human Relations Office, 375 Merrimack Street Room 19, Lowell MA 01852
Please note that all members are required to complete training on the Commonwealth's Conflict of Interest (Ethics) and Open Meeting (Public Meeting) Laws.
View more Information about employment opportunities.