Board and Commission Opportunities
Opportunities Currently AvailableThere are currently several opportunities to serve on City Boards or Commissions. Serving on an advisory body can be a rewarding experience and an excellent way to contribute to the quality of life in the community in which you live or work. The City relies on the interest and involvement of these volunteers who seek a more active role in the functioning of their local government. Learn more about the open positions below and submit an application today.
Current VacanciesThere are currently positions available on the following boards (click individual positions for more information):
Pollard Memorial Library Board of Trustees
Commission on Disability
Lowell Cultural Council
Lowell Sustainability Council
Council on Aging Board
Selection CriteriaSelection for appointment to one of our advisory bodies is generally based on the following criteria:
- A broad perspective and concern for the welfare and progress of the City
- A familiarity with the City's history, issues, and goals
- Interest in the functions/responsibilities of the advisory body under consideration
- A willingness to devote time and effort to the work of said advisory body
- Awareness of and understanding of the City's ordinances and policies
- Balance and diverse representation on advisory bodies, wherever possible
ApplicantsQualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter - clearly specifying the advisory body they are interested in - along with their resume, qualifications, and any additional supporting documentation as follows:
Via Email: to Mary Callery
Via Fax: to Mary Callery at 978-446-7102
Via Mail: to City Hall Human Relations Office, 375 Merrimack Street Room 19, Lowell MA 01852
Please note that all board members are required to complete training on the Commonwealth's Conflict of Interest (Ethics) and Open Meeting (Public Meeting) Laws.
View more Information about employment opportunities.