About Family Emergency Plans
An emergency can happen in an instant. Every family should have its own emergency plan.
Keep the following in mind when planning your family emergency plan.
- Have an emergency bag ready in the event your family needs to evacuate.
- Don't forget medications.
- If you take medications for chronic conditions, place a prescription bottle with a few pills in your emergency bag.
- Change them out every couple of months so they do not expire.
- Remember to add new medications as prescribed.
- Remember your pets, too.
Make a Plan
Make a plan now! Use this Massachusetts Emergency Planning Guide
, also available in Spanish
, Haitian Creole
Please feel free to contact the Health Department
directly at 978-674-4308, so that we may answer any comments, questions, or concerns you may have.