HistoryThe City of Lowell's LowellSTAT program was created in 2010 to make city government more efficient, accountable, and transparent. Through the regular review of data and frequent accountability checks, the City Administration can not only make better decisions, but also ensure that departments are being held accountable and that positive changes in city operations continue to move forward.
RoleLowellSTAT has a number of roles in the administration of city government, including:
- Designing and recommending new ways of collecting data and performance indicators
- Analyzing data to identify successes, concerns, and opportunities for increased efficiency and service delivery
- Formulating and making recommendations in the operation of city departments
- Facilitating LowellSTAT meetings
- Monitoring any policy changes, recommendations, and administrative directives that are made
- Assisting department heads in achieving their goals.