COVID-19 Notice: COVID-19 Notice: Lowell City Hall and all city offices are closed to the public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Per Governor Baker's executive order to waive certain open meeting law requirements, the Planning Board is meeting virtually using the Zoom platform. For the ways to access specific meetings, please visit the agenda center or the Planning Board projects page.
If you have any questions about current projects under review, please contact Francesca Cigliano (email@example.com / 978-674-1424).
- Main Application (required for all filings)
- Agenda request
- Site Plan Review supplement
- Special Permit supplement
- Special Permit - Marijuana supplement
- Special Permit - Telecommunications supplement
- Preliminary Subdivision supplement
- Definitive Subdivision supplement
- Repetitive Petition supplement
- 1st and 3rd Monday of each month (except during December, July, August and Monday holidays)
- Due to COVID-19, all meetings will be held virtually
- View LTC (Lowell Telecommunications Corporation) public meeting recordings
- 2021 Meeting Schedule
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View most recent agendas and minutes.
The Lowell Planning Board reviews, endorses and implements the Comprehensive Master Plan of the City. The Planning Board administers and enforces the provisions and requirements of the Subdivision Control Law (M.G.L. chapter 41, Sections 81K - 81GG), provides site plan review to development projects as outlined in the zoning ordinance and Special Permit review to projects for which the zoning ordinance has defined the Board as the Special Permit granting authority.
Additionally, the Board provides recommendations to the City Council regarding proposed zoning amendments and changes to the City’s zoning map.
For more information on the Planning Board, please feel free to review:
|Title||Member Name||Term Exp. Date|
|Member||Caleb T. Cheng||9/1/2022|
|Vice Chair||Gerard Frechette||9/1/2021|
|Associate Member||Russell Pandres||9/1/2024|
|Associate Member||Sinead Gallivan||9/1/2022|