Lowell National Historical Park & Preservation District
The Lowell National Historical Park & Preservation District was created under the federal legislation that created the Lowell National Historical Park in 1978.Several previously-existing districts on the National Register of Historic Places are also located within the larger boundaries of the district including the City Hall Historic District, Merrimack-Middle Streets Historic District, and the Locks and Canals Historic District in addition to several individually-listed National Register properties.The district includes many industrial, commercial, residential, and institutional structures and a wide range of period architectural styles.
Boott Cotton Mills
Old Market House (1837), 40 Market Street
Visitors enjoying walking, trolley, and boat tours
Wentworth Building (1845), 256 Merrimack Street
St. Anne's Church (1825), 227 Merrimack Street
Kirk Street Agents House (1846), 67 Kirk Street
Fiske Building (1877), 219 Central Street
Much of the district is also located within the boundaries of the Downtown Lowell Historic District (1983), a historic and architectural review district under the jurisdiction of the Lowell Historic Board.