Domestic Violence Strategy
Our mission is to further facilitate the cooperative effort of the Lowell Police Department, city government and local service providers to curb domestic violence incidents in the City of Lowell. Increases in reporting over the last several years emphasized the need for our new Domestic Violence Center that, among the many other services we provide, acts as a clearinghouse for domestic violence assistance resources.
- What is domestic violence?
- What is a 209A order?
- How can I get a 209A to help protect my family and I?
- Where do I get a 209A order?
- What kind of questions will they ask me on the form?
- What can I ask for on the application?
- What about child custody and visitation?
- What happens next?
- What will the Judge do after speaking with me?
- What is a 10 Day Hearing?
- What happens at the end of a year?
- Can a minor obtain a 209A?
- What if the order is violated?
- What should I do if an arrest is made?
- What happens after the arrest?
- What crimes can an abuser be charged with?
- What will happen at the court arraignment?
- What will happen after the arraignment?
- What is a batterer's intervention program?
- Will intervention stop the abuse?
- Will I still be at risk?