Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973, the Chelmsford Glass Works Long House is located at 139-141 Baldwin Street. Built ca. 1820, it is the only remaining example of housing erected by the company for its workers. Located in Middlesex Village in what was once part of Chelmsford, the glass works was established in 1802 and was one of the earliest industries in the area. At its peak, the company employed members from about 20 families with most of the skilled workers being German immigrants.