Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2007, the Pawtucket Congregational Church is located at 15 Mammoth Road. Built in 1898-99 in the Romanesque Revival style, the church is located in a part of Lowell that was annexed from neighboring Dracut in 1874. The congregation is the second oldest in Lowell, having separated from an earlier Dracut church in 1797. The first church building on this site was erected in 1797 with the location near the bridge across the Merrimack River considered advantageous. The original 1797 church was extensively renovated in 1844 but by the 1890s, the building no longer met the needs of the congregation. After years of planning, the white frame building was demolished and the present church built.
The congregation has a long history of community involvement from anti-slavery activity beginning in the 1830s to the establishment of the first temperance league in Dracut in 1830.
The church contains an abundance of stained glass that was installed during the final stages of the church's construction in the spring of 1899, all of which was restored between 1993 and 2004. Of particular note is the church's bell, cast in 1822 by the Boston foundry of Paul Revere & Son, that was salvaged from the Middlesex Village Church in 1859.