Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977, Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church is located at 62 Lewis Street. Built between 1906 and 1908, it was the first structure built to house Greek Orthodox worship in the United States. It was built to serve and expanding population of Greek immigrants in Lowell during the late 19th and early 20th centuries. A rare example of Byzantine style architecture, the church was designed by local architect Henry Rourke who modeled it after sites he had visited in Constantinople. Inside the church, mosaics decorate the narthex. In the nave, various Byzantine icon murals decorate the walls, along with stained glass. Holy Trinity's gilded dome is a major Lowell focal point and visual landmark.